Austin TX Allergies

Impact Of Molds On Health

At the present time, there are thousands of people in the Austin TX area that are afflicted with asthma or some Mold Allergiesother form of allergy-like cedar fever. In addition the known allergens or allergy-causing substances there’s also molds or fungi. What are molds and why can they cause health complications for certain people? What are the solutions that need to be employed in order to prevent health-related problems involving molds? To find the answers to these questions, read on and get some basics behind these pesky molds. The best course to take when you find mold in your home is to contact a professional water damage Austin clean up service. The longer you procrastinate the worse it will be, since mold expands exponentially.

Molds Can Affect Human Health

Let’s take a look at how molds cans affect the health of the humans living in that house? To better understand this, know that molds are a form of fungus. They are microscopic and have the ability to exponentially increase their population size within a few days. There can be millions of fungal cells found in only a small area of your house. They constantly reproduce by releasing airborne spores. These spores are toxic and can enter a person’s body by means of the nose or the mouth. People who are asthmatic or have severe allergies to spores or pollen can get very sick when exposed to the spores of these molds, a condition that can result in anaphylactic shock. Some of the symptoms that can be detected are fever, wheezing, irritation of the eyes, and runny nose. A medical professional should be contacted right away if these conditions worsen. It’s important to have a mold clean up company come in a remediate the mold, eliminate the source of moisture that allowed it to flourish and prevent it from spreading.

Molds  need Moisture

For starters, molds generally grow in moist areas of your house. In the United States, molds prefer the warm months from spring to the latter parts of the fall season. The places or rooms in your house that molds like to settle in are your kitchens, bathrooms, basements, porch, patio, and most wooden structures of your house. You can easily identify what molds are when you find dark deposits in between tiles, wood panels, wall cracks, and other places. Sometimes, these dark deposits can form circular colonies that have a black and gray color.  To prevent molds from causing allergies and other unwanted health problems, it is best to keep these problem areas clean and dry as often as possible. You can use fungicides or mold-killing chemicals that are specially designed to target the colonies and prevent them from spreading. If tiles or wooden panels are already mold-infested, you need to replace them right away. Prevention is always better than cure, as always said. So start living clean and avoid the molds and the allergies.

Cleaning Up Mold

Water Damage Mold Clean Up

One of the trickiest jobs after your home has suffered water damage is making sure that nothing has mold on it. One of the trickiest jobs after your home has suffered water damage is making sure that nothing has mold on it. Water damage mold clean up can be difficult for a number of reasons. First, mold is extremely durable, meaning that it requires harsh chemicals to expunge. Second, even the smallest spore of mold can reproduce. This may cause the problem to come back months after you’ve cleaned the area. Finally, mold spores are toxic. When you clean, you have to make sure to protect your skin and face.

Step-By-Step Guide to Water Damage Mold Clean Up:

1) Identify the Mold
The first rule is to have water damage cleaned up immediately preventing mold from getting a foothold. Mold has a very distinctive musty odor and appears as black and white splotches on walls, furniture, materials or appliances. In the aftermath of water damage, mold tends to flourish in dark, damp, rarely-disturbed corners of the house such as the basement, cabinets or closets. It is often found behind wallpaper, under carpets and in crawlspaces. If the mold is covering an area of over 10 square feet, you should strongly consider calling a professional mold remediation service to remove it.

2) Protect Yourself
Once you have identified the mold problem, you should wear adequate protection before trying to clean it up. This includes an N95-rated mask to protect your nose and mouth, goggles to protect your eyes and gloves to protect your hands and forearms. Additionally, make sure there is plenty of ventilation to the area that you are cleaning. Try to seal off the area from the rest of the house. Cover ducts and vents..

3) Take Out the Trash
Before getting to work on the water damage mold clean up, be sure to bag and tie anything you are willing to part with that might have mold spores on it. Even the smallest spore can bloom into another proliferation. Take the bag outside, far from the structure of your home, for proper disposal.

4) Bleach and Scrub
For water damage mold clean up, bleach is the best option for a cleaning solution. Create a bleach solution by adding one to two cups of bleach to one gallon of water. Douse and scrub the affected area and wait 20 minutes. Repeat the treatment, then wait a further 20 minutes. After this, use a borate-based cleaner from your local hardware store and apply it to the area. Do not rinse. Borate inhibits the growth and proliferation of mold, ensuring that once you kill the last of the visible spores, the invisible ones won’t ever come back.

5) Keep Tabs on the Area
Check the affected area repeatedly after you’ve cleaned up the mold to make sure it isn’t coming back. If you’ve tried to remove mold from a single area many times and it keeps coming back, you should consult a professional for more thorough water damage mold clean up.
mold clean up can be difficult for a number of reasons. First, mold is extremely durable, meaning that it requires harsh chemicals to expunge. Second, even the smallest spore of mold can reproduce. This may cause the problem to come back months after you’ve cleaned the area. Finally, mold spores are toxic. When you clean, you have to make sure to protect your skin and face.

.